What is the CompTIA Advance Security Practitioner Certification and how does it compare to the other certification available? CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) is the ideal certification for technical professionals who wish to remain immersed in technology as opposed to strictly managing . The CASP+ is the only certification exam that is hands-on, and performance based. This certification exam will really test your technical ability and skill.
How does CASP+ Compare?
|CompTIA Advance Security Practitioner (CASP)||(ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)||GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED)||ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)|
|Performance Based Questions||✔|
|Exam Focus||Cybersecurity Practitioner Skills||Cybersecurity Management Skills||Cybersecurity Practitioner Skills||Cybersecurity Management Skills|
Is there any requirement that I would need to meet before I can be certified?
A minimum of ten years of experience in IT administration, including at least five years of hands-on technical security experience. While there is no required prerequisite, CASP+ certification is intended to follow Security+ and CySA+ or equivalent experience.
What you need to prepare for
The CASP+ certification validates advanced-level competency in risk management; enterprise security operations and architecture; research and collaboration; and integration of enterprise security. Successful candidates will have the knowledge required to:
- Enterprise Security domain expanded to include operations and architecture concepts, techniques, and requirements
- More emphasis on analyzing risk through interpreting trend data and anticipating cyber defense needs to meet business goals
- Expanding security control topics to include Mobile and small form factor devices, as well as software vulnerability
- Broader coverage of integrating cloud and virtualization technologies into a secure enterprise architecture
- Inclusion of implementing cryptographic techniques, such as Blockchain- Cryptocurrency and Mobile device encryption
CompTIA requires that CASP+ certification holders renew their credential every three years. Renewal can be achieved three ways:
- Pass the most current version of the CASP+ certification exam.
- Pass a higher-level CompTIA or non-CompTIA certification exam
- Earn continuing education units (CEUs) by participating in qualified activities, such as publishing an article or white paper, obtaining another industry certification, or attending a relevant conference or event.
CASP+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements. Regulators and government rely on ANSI accreditation because it provides confidence and trust in the outputs of an accredited program. Over 1.3 million CompTIA ISO/ANSI-accredited exams have been delivered since January 1, 2011.
– Lee Signore